What is Chiropractic?
The main focus of chiropractic is to attend to joints that are out of place or are not moving correctly, known as a subluxation or joint dysfunction. All joint dysfunction, regardless of the location, are treated with a chiropractic adjustment in otherwise healthy individuals. The ultimate goal of chiropractic is to keep bones, joints, ligaments, and tendons in healthy working order to prevent future injury and improve the quality of life of each individual patient.
Although chiropractors are most known for the management and treatment of pain, the benefits of chiropractic extends well beyond the musculoskeletal system. A well educated chiropractor understands that each organ and muscle of the body is controlled by nerves that exit the spinal column. Spinal misalignment may lead to downstream sub-optimal organ and muscle function by adding stress to the nerves exiting the effected spinal segment. When symptoms present anywhere in the body, a proper spinal screening should always be included in the work-up to assess for spinal misalignment.
Every individual should consider including chiropractic into their preventative healthcare routine to ensure optimal wellness.
Chiropractic: The Art and Science of Healing by Touch
Chiropractic Treatment Modalities:
- Chiropractic adjustment
- Injury rehabilitation
- Kinesiology taping
- Dietary and lifestyle modification
- Exercise recommendation
- Ice & Heat application
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Electric stimulation
- Deep tissue work
Mobility – Flexibility – Strength
Who Should Seek Chiropractic Care?
- Elite athletes wanting to improve their athletic performance.
- People suffering from acute or chronic pain.
- Individuals who would like to prevent physical injury.
- Those looking to preserve mobility & flexibility of joints.
- People who would like assistance improving their quality of life.
- Children experiencing frequent ear infections.
- Individuals whom have been involved in a motor vehicle accident.
If you have any questions regarding chiropractic, contact us today at (858) 270-2225.